Thursday, October 2, 2014

House Hunt

Let me write a prose that most of you would identify with ...It's the search for a Home

I'm surely going to get exhausted one day,
Searching for a house, I will pass away

Worn out by day long search up and down the road,
Torn by the hunger-pangs my belly made uproar

Big was my belly what could I do ,my friends ?
How could I help it, I was short of funds.

Buying a watermelon I moved towards my destination,
A stumble on the road proved a lucky stroke.

All at once ,my night of sorrow changed to a sunny day,
As the melon fell and broke , a Jinn showed his face...

"I am your humble slave," with folded hands he spoke,
"Any tasks impossible I can undertake"

"I can change at your bidding the world's very shape "
 I can make you, if you like,the manager of the Mindscape.

"I can turn trivial joke into a poetic feast"
 Turn a poet into poetess with my clever sleight

 Even in the night of sin,you will bath in sunny rays,
 You will reap the harvest ,while the pujari prays.

 I am not a man to conspire with the foe,
 I can elevate a fool , make him rule the globe.

 Let the time wince and whine,seize the fleeting pleasure
 Here, clutch in your hand the keys of Kohinoor( not Bang Bang version) treasure...

"I don't want the earthly riches", humbly I replied,
"Get me,pray,a house to live,I shall be obliged "

 Hearing this the Jinn back into the melon slipped,
"Strange",he said,"Everyone is caught in a similar fix"

"Could I conjure up a house, I would not shiver in cold,
 Why should I have lived then in the melon hole...

hehehe

Sd/-
Roohul Haq


 

No comments:

Post a Comment